Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Blessings

Today as I boarded a bus, I saw a lovely girl with golden hair, I envied her, she seemed so gay and I wished I were as fair. When suddenly she rose to leave, I saw her hobble down the aisle; she had one leg and wore a crutch but as she passed, she flashed a smile Oh, God, forgive me when I whine, I have two legs, the world is mine.

And then I stopped to buy some sweets, the lad who sold it had such charm. I talked with him, he seemed so glad. If I were late to work it would do no harm; and as I left, he said to me, “I thak you, you have been so kind. It’s nice to talk with folks like you. you see,” he said, “I’m blind.” Oh, God, forgive me when I whine, I have two eyes, the world is mine.

Later while walking down the street, I saw a girl with eyes of blue. She stood and watched the others play; it seemed she knew not what to do. I stopped a moment and then I said, “Why don’t you join the others dear?” She looked ahead without a word, and then I knew she couldn’t hear. Oh, God, forgive me when I whine, I have two ears, the world is mine.

Oh, God, forgive me when I whine, I have two ears, the world is mine. With legs to take me where I want to go, with eyes to see the sunset glow. With ears to hear what I would know. Oh, God, forgive me when I whine, I have you and the world is mine. Author Unknown

Show God how much you love him by giving to those who do not have. Encourage your congregation/members to give 100% of all apportion funds. If you would like to give to any Special Sundays with offerings click here.

God has blessed us with so much, let's give back just a little.

God is still in control!

Miss Lladale Carey
Web Coordinator
United Methodist Communications

No comments: