Monday, May 24, 2010

God owns everything

Christ didn’t hold back on his love when he willingly went to the cross for us. God didn’t hold back and make the cross the last word. God who owns everything also offered everything for our sake. We, in turn, are called to share that Good News. If we believe that all we have is a gift from God, then we affirm a faithful distribution of God’s gifts in the world.

Consider these affirmations, written by Bishop Bruce R. Ough of the West Ohio Annual Conference, as you decide how much of your time, talents, and treasures you will offer to share the Good News of Christ’s love with the world.
  • I know God wants me to redistribute some of God’s money and time to care for my family. (See 1 Timothy 5:8)

  • I know God wants me to redistribute some of God’s money to the state. (See Mark 12:13-17)

  • I know God wants me to redistribute some of God’s time to worship and pray. (See Psalm 42:1-2)

  • I know God wants me to redistribute some of God’s money to the poor. (See Luke 12:33-34)

  • I know God wants me to redistribute some of God’s money to the building of God’s kingdom. (See Leviticus 27:30-33)

--adapted from WI Annual Conference newsletter



God Is Still In Control!
Miss Lladale Carey
Web Producer
http://www.umcgiving.org/
United Methodist Communications
lcarey@umcom.org

To Learn how you can be good stewards in the United Methodsit Church, click here.

No comments: