Monday, May 13, 2013

I Am Blessed, Despite My Surroundings




“Even in these tough economic times, I feel truly blessed. I may not have as much disposable income as I have had in the past, but I am finding that some of the things I spent my money on did not give me lasting contentment.   I am eating out less, but the food I am eating is healthier and better prepared.  As a bonus, I am spending less on gas to go places where I will spend more money on things that I do not need.  I admit that I am lucky – I have a job with income and benefits.   I may wish for more money, but I am not suffering.  And yet I know that there is a lot of suffering throughout the world.

The following passage is from 2 Corinthians 9:11-13:

You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous in every way. Such generosity produces thanksgiving to God through us. Your ministry of this service to God’s people isn’t only fully meeting their needs but it is also multiplying in many expressions of thanksgiving to God. They will give honor to God for your obedience to your confession of Christ’s gospel. They will do this because this service provides evidence of your obedience, and because of your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone.     (Common English Bible)

This passage reminds us that we are called by God to give to others less fortunate than ourselves.   Because we are part of the United Methodist Church, we promise faithfully to participate in its ministries through our prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness.”

-- Susan Hutchings, Finance Chair, Trinity UMC in Montello, Wisconsin Ann Conf

God Is Still In Control!

Miss Lladale Carey
Web Content Producer
www.umcgiving.org
lcarey@umcom.org

No comments: